Monday 20 December 2010

Episode One Live Now!

PODCAST AMBUSH!

Needed to get something out sharpish specially in the run up to Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol, so I recorded this so I also didn't end up with a huge backlog of messages to reply to. Thus, 2 performances in panto, long journey home, then eating and instead of sleeping I started recording this. Not brilliant quality still and it goes on a bit, but here it is. It's all a bit Blue Peter really!

Letters, tweets, debates, thoughts and set up for the next episode. Almost divided into sections too!

Special thanks to @Muldwych, @RadioRassilon and @Nelle_Macbeth. See also http://doctorwhobaking.wordpress.com/ for more awesome treats.

Can you guess which word I overused and ended up editing out some examples of?

Enjoy!

A Journal of Improbable Things: The Podcast Episode One by Rod Henderson

http://soundcloud.com/rod-henderson/a-journal-of-improbable-things-the-podcast-episode-one

If I don't get a chance to say it, Happy Christmas!

*Christmas Time Can Be Rewritten*

5 comments:

  1. Excellant start to the podcast already can wait for the next one.

    Have a great christmas and looking forward to the new year and more episodes.

    Regards

    Alex Giles
    @muldwych

    ReplyDelete
  2. just to expand on something you touched upon when talking about the coming of the terraphiles and people saying its just sci-fi that happens to have the doctor in it.

    you could almost say that about the episodes love and monsters and blink, but they are still two of my favorite Tennant stories despite the doctor being closer to a plot devise than the shows lead.


    but hay maybe thats just me.

    @DeanOR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, cheers for your kind words and for really pushing the podcast on Twitter for me.

    Dean, good point. Just because the character is the lead doesn't mean it can't be driven by other means, Blink being a perfect example. So as to canonicity I think they are all perfectly valid because even if they don't end up expanding the character per se, they end up expanding the universe the story is set in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ep!
    (and I'm not just saying that because you were /so/ lovely about me! :p )
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thank you Helen! Think I've worked out where I'm going with it.

    ReplyDelete