Friday 19 November 2010

Slow and Steady: An Update

Slowly getting there. Bits and pieces for episode one have been recorded, bits are being edited, sections still need to be recorded, but getting there.

Doing some research into recording equipment that will be more decent than my laptop's in built thing. Had a couple suggestions, but feel free to comment or email me your own (improbablethingspodcast@live.co.uk).

Really looking forward to a big full scale Tweetamentary on the 23rd November with @Nelle_Macbeth and the gang of the Twime Team (http://twimeteam.blogspot.com/). We're looking at The Five Doctors. Love that story despite it's many flaws. Once we have completed it, I'll post a link to the transcript on Nelle's blog and then maybe if I can be bothered I'll copy it to here. Or at least, my parts of it!

3 comments:

  1. I'd always recommend Protools though it's rather an expensive software/hardware combo but quite nice. Some form of multitracking software/hardware is nice too. granted these cost but hey no bizz like showbizz :p

    M.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about ProTools, and I'm resigning myself to shelling out money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also if you went down the route of having a macbook, there's a free program out there, can't remember the name but you can use it to edit your sound etc like a normal program, but then use it to op the show. Runs like a lighting desk. Program in q's, big go button, yadda yadda. Cool but only works on macs at the moment as far as I know of.

    Not that it's relevant to audio blogging/commentaries but still interesting.

    ReplyDelete