Thursday 28 October 2010

JOIT: Podcast Update

Episode 1 is being recorded!

Introductory gumph and waffle mostly done, and actual commentary on a episode has started. A little odd doing this solo, but it sort of works. Story we are starting with is in light of RegenerGate or whatever it has been called (the SJA fiasco regarding the regeneration limit of Time Lords) is the Classic Who story, The Deadly Assasin, written by the legend that is Robert Holmes. Hopefully I'll remember it's written by him and talk a little about the dialogue, rather than pull the camera work apart! A cracking story and hopefully I'll find my stride somewhere before the end of the serial.

I think the way it will work is podcast Episode 1 will be Part One of the story. Episode 2 will be Part Two. This to me makes sense and seems logical. Alot of the other Doctor Who podcasts out there (and I dearly love you all) are sometimes a little ungainly, coming in at a couple of hours apiece, which, don't get me wrong, is fine as some of the 'casts are the equivalent of actual radio programming but in one sitting it's a bit much. Particularly for this, an episode commentary. It allows you to fetch another beer, more nibbles, gather cake, or more importantly nip to the loo. Thus the podcasts shouldn't last too much longer than a standard episode of Doctor Who. I hope.

Who knows. We shall see!

Let me know your thoughts!

Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment